Job Type: Full Time
Location: Small Dole
Reporting to: QHSE Manager
Working as part of a small team, you will support the QHSE Manager in ensuring environmental risks are recorded and mitigated, and positive impacts made, whilst ensuring environmental compliance throughout the business.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Working within the Mackley Integrated Management System review and update company procedures and policies where necessary, and subject to the QHSE manager’s approval.
- Provide environmental advice during the tendering, design, planning and execution of all projects.
- Assist in maintaining the ISO14001 Environmental Management System.
- Monitor sites and offices against documented environmental standards and report on improvement. Take further action where necessary.
- Perform environmental legal compliance audits and inspections and act upon the findings.
- Participate in committees, seminars, and working with clients.
- Take action to monitor and Improve sustainability in all areas of the business.
- Report to and provide input for Mackley management and framework partners.
- Assist where possible in the introduction of new technology, techniques, or procedures necessary to continuously improve environmental performance.
- Advise and support project management on the correct licences exemptions and environmental permits.
- Carry out environmental incident investigations and report the findings.
- Assist the QHSE manager in monitoring changes in legislation and best practice.
The company may, from time to time, require you to undertake duties other than those outlined in this job description and/or to undertake work in other departments/sites to meet customer demands. Any changes to this job description will be discussed and agreed with you.
Personal specifications - essential
- Degree or equivalent in an Environmental-related discipline
- Technical and management experience in the construction industry
- Demonstrated ability to communicate at all levels in an organisation
- Competent in the use of common Microsoft programmes. MS Access an advantage
- Full UK driving licence
Personal specifications - desirable
- Knowledge of Health and Safety regulations and systems to complement the QMS
- Working knowledge in ecology
- CSCS Card holder (Academically Qualified Person)
- Some experience in being a lead auditor, although training will be provided
How to apply
HR Department, J T Mackley & Co Ltd, Bankside House, Henfield Road, Small Dole, West Sussex BN5 9XQ
If you require a paper copy of the application pack please call 01273 492212.