Job Type: Full Time
Location: Various Sites
Reporting to: Site Foreman
A Plant Operative will work alongside a Site Foreman and be responsible the safe and compliant operation of plant and the completion of designated tasks under the supervision of the Site Foreman, ensuring the works are completed without harm to people, the environment and targeting zero defects.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Work to and within the Mackley Integrated Management System, company procedures, policies and regularly communicate with your line manager
- Carry out designated tasks as instructed by Site Foreman.
- Operate within level of skill, competence and certification as appropriate.
- Timekeeping and productivity.
- Utilisation of plant and equipment.
- Carry out daily and weekly checks on plant in line with manufacturers recommendations. Undertake routine plant maintenance and report any faults to the Plant Department and Site Foreman.
- Operate plant within CPS guidelines and safety regulations, following lift plans as appropriate.
- Work efficiently and safely, ensure site tidiness, etc. to safeguard the public image of our business.
- Safe working environment and maintain standards of Health and Safety, Environment and Quality.
- Must work within the company Health and Safety Policy.
- Advise the Foreman of any training needs or ticket renewals as appropriate.
- All site safety and environmental rules are followed and wear the appropriate PPE.
- Spill kits are deployed where necessary and maintained.
- Ensure proper storage of materials, waste minimisation including waste segregation for disposal.
- Report perceived errors to attention of the Site Foreman.
- Report security, boundary fences, traffic management issues to the Site Foreman.
- Ensure compliance with method statements and risk assessments.
- Sites are left in a clean and tidy state on completion.
- When required check the accuracy of delivery tickets, noting immediately where there is inaccuracy and acting with the Site Foreman to correct them.
- Maintain job competence and remain up-to-date with current practice.
- Work effectively as part of a team.
- A Plant Operative may be required to supervise a Trainee.
The company may, from time to time, require you to undertake duties other than those outlined in this job description and/or to undertake work in other departments/sites to meet customer demands. Any changes to this job description will be discussed and agreed with you.
Personal specifications - essential
- Have worked within a construction environment
- At least 2 years experience on site
- Have CSCS card
- Have CPCS Card for 360 Excavator, Crane and other plant
- Good at communicating with their colleagues and site management
- Self motivated and disciplined
- Able to work at high concentration levels to ensure ‘right 1st time’
- Can prioritise with good time management
- A team player who can enjoy a challenge
- Numeracy and literacy skills
- Flexible working hours to accommodate site requirements
Personal specifications - desirable
- Full Driving Licence
- First Aid At Work Certificate
How to apply
HR Department, J T Mackley & Co Ltd, Bankside House, Henfield Road, Small Dole, West Sussex BN5 9XQ
If you require a paper copy of the application pack please call 01273 492212.