Job Type: Full Time
Location: Small Dole but may need to travel to and work in regional offices
Reporting to: Managing Quantity Surveyor
To continually provide a thorough and professional commercial service for all projects for which they are responsible ensuring they are administered effectively and that the business objectives in terms of health and safety, profitability and customer focus are achieved or exceeded.
- Establish and maintain the Operations/Commercial partnership required to meet the needs of each project
- Fully understand the Contract and scope of work and advise/communicate to relevant project team members
- Discuss and develop procurement strategy with team members and in accordance with the contract programme. Monitor and update as necessary
- Submit timely applications for payments to ensure cash can be collected in accordance with the Contract
- Recover retentions in accordance with the contract
- Recognise opportunity & potential for increased value. Evaluate and submit prices in a timely fashion to achieve optimum outcome. Wherever possible pre price variations to maximise returns
- Procure subcontractors at lower than Tender sums whenever possible. Seek to negotiate the best price for the company.
- Build strong relationships with clients and their representatives
- Review costs and value in conjunction with the site time to ensure timely and accurate forecasting
- Manage subcontractors effectively and in accordance with their terms and conditions
- Provide support and development to other members of the project team
- Monitor and manage risk and associated budgets
The company may, from time to time, require you to undertake duties other than those outlined in this job description and/or to undertake work in other departments/sites to meet customer demands. Any changes to this job description will be discussed and agreed with you.
- Minimum 4 year experience as a QS in a civil engineering environment
- A working understanding of ICE, JCT, ECC / NEC type of contracts
- Competent IT skills with the MS Office software packages
- Can prioritise with good time management
- A team player who can enjoy a challenge
- CSCS card
- Understanding of company computer based cost recording systems
- BSC in Quantity Surveying/Construction Management
How to apply
Click here to download our application pack.
Please complete the application form and return to: firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to the address below:
HR Department, J T Mackley & Co Ltd, Bankside House, Henfield Road, Small Dole, West Sussex BN5 9XQ
If you require a paper copy of the application pack please call 01273 492212.