Job Type: Full Time
Reporting to: Project Manager / Contracts Manager
The site agent / manager will take overall responsibility for the day-to-day operational success of a project from award of contract to end of maintenance period. This is a leadership role with daily challenges. Leadership is by example and site managers are in influential positions. They are the company’s representatives. The Site Manager will plan and communicate what is to happen and how, as well as reviewing what has happened and why.
- Work to and within the Mackley Integrated Management System, company procedures, policies and regularly communicate with your line manager
- Taking responsibility for a contract at handover from the estimator
- Ongoing advance planning and resourcing the project to avoid surprises
- Set up and maintain a safe, clean, tidy workplace
- Ensure all HSE legislation and site rules are followed. Ensure sufficient clean, spare PPE for immediate issue to people found not to be properly equipped
- Develop and update the Health and Safety, Environmental and Quality Plans, Waste Management plan, Carbon Calculator and Materials Management Plan in consultation with the Project / Contracts Manager
- Develop and review regularly method statements and risk assessments
- Maintain an up to date and relevant programme, clearly superseding all previous programmes
- Promote safe environmental and quality culture and record achievements, this will include preparing and ensuring site inductions and toolbox talks are carried out to all personnel.
- Inform the training manager/Contracts manager of any training needs of operatives.
- Timely Procurement and requisitioning of materials and sub contractors
- Maintain /manage site records including those by other site personnel
- Attend to any timesheet or delivery ticket irregularities or inaccuracies raised by the Foreman
- Diary, daily, weekly, monthly and other records/reporting as per company procedures, record costs and wastages
- Valuations and final account, reports, day work
- Regular client communication on all of the projects and public relations. Meetings, progress reports and programmes, checking work, inspections and testing
- Chair daily / weekly briefing and review meetings to ensure all on site understand what is to be done by when and what can be improved upon and learned from
- Reporting to line manager (Contracts Manager) and other management staff – (O-H, Env, QMS, PQS)
- Completion of Project Close-Out reports
- Overall management of labour, internally and externally hired plant, Subcontractors orders and payment, Site measurement. Hired Labour, Management of personnel
- Produce Monthly report and updated programme
- Engage local labour, when required
The company may, from time to time, require you to undertake duties other than those outlined in this job description and/or to undertake work in other departments/sites to meet customer demands. Any changes to this job description will be discussed and agreed with you.
- At least 5 years experience within a Construction site environment
- 5 day Site Management Safety Training Scheme
- CSCS Platinum Card
- Competent IT skills with the MS Office software packages
- A natural forward planner who is comfortable communicating with their colleagues and external companies
- A logical, organised and understanding individual who can deal responsibly and make responsible decisions
- Able to work at high concentration levels to ensure ‘right 1st time’
- Can prioritise with good time management
- A team player who can enjoy a challenge
- Competent to use MS Projects
- Driving Licence
- A BSc degree in Civil/Structural Engineering
- HNC/HND in Civil/Structural Engineering
How to apply
Click here to download our application pack.
Please complete the application form and return to: email@example.com or by post to the address below:
HR Department, J T Mackley & Co Ltd, Bankside House, Henfield Road, Small Dole, West Sussex BN5 9XQ
If you require a paper copy of the application pack please call 01273 492212.