Job Type: Part Time (mornings only)
Location: Small Dole
Reporting to: Payroll/HR supervisor
To maintain the company’s personnel training records, qualifications and competencies to the required levels for all staff, through renewals, appraisals, and training requests, and to arrange appropriate training courses to ensure this, through approved providers.
The aim is to provide the most appropriate training, keeping both certificates and records up to date as well as maximising the grant and rebate recovery for the purpose of cost efficiency.
To assist in a pro-active manner HR issues including occupational health.
Discretion and confidentiality are essential aspects of the role.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
Work to and within the Mackley Integrated Management System, company procedures, policies and regularly communicate with your line manager
Duties and scope include:
- Work to and within the Mackley Integrated Management System, company procedures, policies and regularly communicate with your line manager
- Maintain the training database, and submit appropriate regular and ad-hoc reports.
- Update and maintain a training matrix, including identifying and reporting any gaps. Coordinate an annual review of the training matrix and ensure that job descriptions accurately reflect job roles.
- Ensure the timely renewal of statutory and other appropriate certificates. Liaison with site and department managers to ensure that certificates are required.
- Liaise with training providers to ascertain and book appropriate and relevant training courses, and arrange facilities and refreshments for in-house training. Co-ordinate employees to achieve maximum attendance.
- Maintain detailed records of the cost of training, and report as required.
- Create and maintain toolbox talk registers, and record the attendance in employee records.
- Liaise with relevant authorities to complete and submit grant applications, and to monitor and record receipt of grants.
- Through liaison with department colleagues and external sources, keep abreast of legislative and industry changes in training matters.
- Assist with regular and ad-hoc reports for all aspects of Training.
- Provide support to the recruitment process, including the issue of offer letters, induction packs, contracts of employment.
- Liaising with recruitment and other agencies in accordance with company procedure.
- Co-ordinate occupational health programme, including arranging health screening, drugs and alcohol testing, maintaining a health database and liaising with external occupational health professionals.
- Maintain driving licence records of all company vehicle drivers and those who use their own vehicle for business.
The company may, from time to time, require you to undertake duties other than those outlined in this job description and/or to undertake work in other departments/sites to meet customer demands. Any changes to this job description will be discussed and agreed with you.
Personal specifications - essential
- Can demonstrate effective communication skills (written and verbal) to a business standard with both internal staff (employees) and outside agencies and suppliers
- Microsoft Word, Excel, database (ideally MS Access) including extracting reports
- Ability to organise and plan own time in a proficient manner
- Ability to show initiative and self-motivation
- Ability to calculate and process numerical data
- Proven record of working with confidential and sensitive information (both verbal and written)
Personal specifications - desirable
- Proven attention to detail
- Some knowledge or experience in the construction industry, in particular CSCS and CPCS cards
- Knowledge of employment legislation and best practice
How to apply
HR Department, J T Mackley & Co Ltd, Bankside House, Henfield Road, Small Dole, West Sussex BN5 9XQ
If you require a paper copy of the application pack please call 01273 492212.