Job Type: Full Time
Location: Head Office
Reporting to: Financial Controller
Coordinate the processing of regional project paperwork to ensure accurate costing information is more readily available ‘live’ to regional site teams and other departments to enable proactive decision making.
To support the regional project teams, by providing administrative and accounting duties through excellent working relationships and communication with project teams, providing support to one another and assist with the resolution of any problems effectively. Involvement within the projects success, by taking ownership of the administrative function for those projects.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
Work to and within the Mackley Integrated Management System, company procedures, policies and regularly communicate with your line manager.
Duties and scope include:
- Accurate recording & processing of financial documents relevant to material and plant supplied on regional projects, onto Management Information System.
- Full reconciliation of Supplier statements in line with Audit requirements on a regular basis.
- Liaison with Clients, Suppliers and Project staff to resolve queries in relation to all project costing.
- Prepare Payment Runs for Suppliers & Subcontractors for Approval, submission and prepare any supporting documentation.
- Safe storage of financial documents and reports easily accessible by all within the organisation to include start-up, in progress and close out or archive of project.
- Ensure all incoming correspondence to the team is dealt with promptly.
- Production of various reports to the project teams to assist in cost awareness or monthly valuations, with information gathered from various sources.
- Maintain regular dialogue with project teams to ensure up to date and correct information is available regularly.
- Provide support to other Contract Administrators as a team to level the workload and assist in their absence.
- Support the Financial Controller, Accountant, Regional Project and Commercial Teams with administrative and basic accounts support.
Additional Shared Team Responsibilities
- Processing of Employee expense & mileage claims for payment within Payroll, ensuring compliance with the Expenses Policy.
- Reconciliation & Processing of the company credit card accounts, ensuring compliance with the Expenses Policy.
- Raise Sundry Sale Invoices and management of the Sundry Debtors Balances.
- Compile the Contract Debtors Reports (Weekly/Monthly) for distribution across the organisation.
- Provide payroll cover for the weekly payroll processes (occasional).
The company may, from time to time, require you to undertake duties other than those outlined in this job description and/or to undertake work in other departments/sites to meet customer demands. Any changes to this job description will be discussed and agreed with you.
Personal specifications - essential
- Good Communication and Organisational Skills
- High level of numeracy
- Accuracy and attention to detail when processing
- Ability to find solutions to work related situations
- The ability to work upon own initiative and within a team
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Familiarity with basic financial documents
- Experience of Management Information Systems
Personal specifications - desirable
- • Construction Industry experience
• Good knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications
• Progression toward an Accounting Qualification such as AAT
How to apply
HR Department, J T Mackley & Co Ltd, Bankside House, Henfield Road, Small Dole, West Sussex BN5 9XQ
If you require a paper copy of the application pack please call 01273 492212.