We are committed to working in partnership with the people who live and work in the areas where we operate, and support a wide range of local charities and community initiatives.
The examples below demonstrate our approach to community involvement.
City street environment improved with trees
Our plant department helped Brighton and Hove Council with the movement of planters containing Holm Oaks . The planters line both sides of Waterloo Street and residents said they are very pleased with their new environment.
Councillor Ollie Sykes said: “Today was an enormous success thanks to Mackley’s help…..Residents of Waterloo Street are over the moon and the street is, we all think, already transformed."
Supporting a range of local events and initiatives
• We are providing civil engineering students from Brighton University with ‘real life experience’ through a series of visits to our construction sites (above).
• We regularly organise various events to support St Barnabas Hospice in Worthing
• We host an Annual Golf Day in aid of our selected charities for the year
• We have provided the Small Dole Recreation Ground, complete with football pitch, for local residents
• We have provided 13 acres of woodland which the Tottington Woodlanders ensure are conserved and maintained on behalf of the local community
• For the opening of the Barking & Dagenham Frontages Scheme, a local scout group cleared an area and planted spring bulbs
• We have constructed a Skate Park on the Small Dole Recreation Ground
• We have constructed a caving complex, including access for the disabled, for a local Scout Group
• We have assisted a local sustainable charity through the provision of unusable groyne sections and a water container for their allotments.
• Mackley has agreed a deal to become the first team kit sponsor of Upper Beeding FC (above) ahead of the 2016/17 season.
• Mackley is a proud sponsor of Snowdogs by the Sea - a charity art trail taking place across Brighton in the Autumn of 2016, raising money for the Martlets Hospice (below).
• In December 2016, we donated a consignment of hi-vis jackets to Thomas A Becket Junior School, Worthing, in a bid to help its pupils stay safe on the journey to and from school during the winter months.
Click here for more community involvement related photos.