We are committed to working in partnership with the people who live and work in the areas where we operate, and support a wide range of local charities and community initiatives.
The examples below demonstrate our approach to community involvement.
City street environment improved with trees
Our plant department helped Brighton and Hove Council with the movement of planters containing Holm Oaks . The planters line both sides of Waterloo Street and residents said they are very pleased with their new environment.
Councillor Ollie Sykes said: “Today was an enormous success thanks to Mackley’s help…..Residents of Waterloo Street are over the moon and the street is, we all think, already transformed."
Collaboration with the University of Brighton
Mackley has close ties with the University of Brighton - and regularly hosts site visits for the University's Civil Engineering students. The collaboration was officially recognised in January 2018, with the University of Brighton thanking Mackley for enhancing the student experience 'significantly'.
Pictured left is a visit to the Shoreham Adur Tidal Walls scheme which took place in December 2017.
Supporting a range of local events and initiatives
• In October 2017, Shoreham Adur Tidal Walls scheme team members ‘wore it pink’ in support of efforts to ensure a brighter future for women affected by breast cancer (pictured above)
• We regularly organise various events to support St Barnabas Hospice in Worthing
• We host an Annual Golf Day in aid of our selected charities for the year
• We have provided the Small Dole Recreation Ground, complete with football pitch, for local residents
• We have provided 13 acres of woodland which the Tottington Woodlanders ensure are conserved and maintained on behalf of the local community
• The Shoreham Adur Tidal Walls project team has sponsored a dog, Maximillian, who is homed in a local dog sanctuary. (Pictured below with Communications and Liason Officer Angela Spinks)
• For the opening of the Barking & Dagenham Frontages Scheme, a local scout group cleared an area and planted spring bulbs
• We have constructed a Skate Park on the Small Dole Recreation Ground
• We have constructed a caving complex, including access for the disabled, for a local Scout Group
• We have assisted a local sustainable charity through the provision of unusable groyne sections and a water container for their allotments.
• Mackley has agreed a deal to become the first team kit sponsor of Upper Beeding FC (above) ahead of the 2016/17 season.
• Mackley is a proud sponsor of Snowdogs by the Sea - a charity art trail taking place across Brighton in the Autumn of 2016, raising money for the Martlets Hospice (below).
• In December 2016, we donated a consignment of hi-vis jackets to Thomas A Becket Junior School, Worthing, in a bid to help its pupils stay safe on the journey to and from school during the winter months.
• In May 2017, we supported the Steyning Town Youth Football Tournament (below) which brought together more than 1,500 players and supporters over the two days.
• Mackley was proud to sponsor the STEM exhibition at Ardingly Showground in June 2017. More than 8,000 engineers of the future visited the one-day event. Mackley will be sponsoring the event again in 2018.
Click here for more community involvement related photos.