Job Type: Full Time
Location: Head Office
Reporting to: Technical Services Manager
To deliver outline design drawings at tender stage, temporary works and permanent works design drawings and models at contract stage and provide CAD and BIM support throughout any project.
Key responsibilities and tasks
Duties and scope includes:
- Preparation of Models and Drawings in a range of Autodesk products, such as Civils 3D, Revit, Infraworks, Navisworks.
- Coordinate design information and specifications of temporary and permanent works at tender stage including drawings and design methodology.
- Liaise with external designers and procure permanent and temporary works designs
- Liaison with external clients, Principal Designers, etc.
- To maintain/coordinate the distribution of drawings and design documents for Design and Build Contracts
- Provide technical advice throughout the organisation, including model/drawing specifications and suitability, surveying procurement and specifications.
- Maintain relevant documentation for Quality, Environmental and Health & Safety (CDM Regulations) and BIM
The company may, from time to time, require you to undertake duties other than those outlined in this job description and/or to undertake work in other departments/sites to meet customer demands. Any changes to this job description will be discussed and agreed with you.
- HNC/HND in Civil/Structural Engineering
- 3+ years work experience in a design office environment
- Competent in at least two of the following; AutoCad, Civils 3D, Revit, Infraworks.
- Proficient IT skills including MS Office software packages
- A natural forward planner who is comfortable communicating with their colleagues and external companies
- A logical, organised and understanding individual who can deal with responsibility and make informed decisions
- Able to work at high concentration levels to ensure ‘right 1st time’
- Can prioritise with good time management
- A team player who enjoys a challenge and has a ‘can do’ attitude
- Surveying skills
- Design/drafting experience within a flood defence environment, including cofferdams, water control structures, working in soft ground, crane stability
- Knowledge of B.I.M. (Building Information Modelling)
- Flexible working hours to accommodate requirements (We will reciprocate!)
- CSCS card
How to apply
HR Department, J T Mackley & Co Ltd, Bankside House, Henfield Road, Small Dole, West Sussex BN5 9XQ
If you require a paper copy of the application pack please call 01273 492212.