Job Type: Full Time
Location: South East
Reporting to: Operations/Contracts Manager
Senior experienced site manager with proven track record who is able to manage large or multiple smaller projects with minimal supervision from a Contracts Manager.
Ability to make good decisions and demonstrate high standards of management, customer care, health and safety, environmental and quality management. This a highly motivated individual with the ability to multi-task, focussed on successful service and repeat work opportunities.
Must also recognise the need for ownership of a contract and focus the site teams’ attention on safety, cost and production issues to gain an accurate long-term picture of how the project is and will perform.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Work to and within the Mackley Integrated Management System, company procedures, policies and regularly communicate with your line manager
- Ensure all HSE legislation, company and site rules are followed.
- Include planning and development of the project including Health and Safety Plan, Waste Management Plan and contributing to the Materials Management Plan. Methods, risk assessments, site training. Aware of environmental and company targets, following procurement needs, setting up project team and resourcing workforce, plant and sub contractors
- Managing the site team and delegating suitable responsibilities to team members. Sharing knowledge and training when possible. Ensure the projects are gaining full use of the functional departments i.e. Commercial, Finance, Plant, Procurement, Technical and Estimating.
- Monitoring and eliminate waste of human and material resources.
- Implementing performance and SHE improvement schemes.
- Project Managers will also attend meetings with clients, designers.
- Assisting the QS build up variations in close contact with the commercial and Estimating team. Occasionally the PM will be required to build up prices for smaller, low risk projects. These prices must be reviewed in accordance with the procedure.
- Regular client contact to investigate satisfaction levels , improvement and further work opportunities.
- All routine contract records for payment and cost accountability, including achieving programme and contributing to corporate targets and profitable work
- Compliance with company procedures and ensure sites are producing their returns to the office as required.
- Chair daily / weekly briefing and review meetings to ensure all on site understand what is to be done by when and what can be improved upon and learned from.
- Work with QS team to monitor and report project financial performance ensuring early communication upwards of risks forecast performance and formulating responses and corrective actions. Drive a beneficial cash position and minimise debt.
- Monitor the morale and motivation of the site teams and communicating the company and project aims.
- Being the focal point for site leadership issues including being first reference point for rewards, awards, grievance and disciplinary matters.
- Local recruitment of necessary resources where the need and cost/benefit is agreed with the Contracts Manager.
- Completion of Project Close-Out reports
- Ensure EWN meetings are being called for as required to meet NEC requirements and timescales.
- Ensuring CE’s are dealt with in a timely manner in consultation with commercial department/planner
- Production and monitor resource programmes for the project
- Deliver information to be included into the H&S file
The company may, from time to time, require you to undertake duties other than those outlined in this job description and/or to undertake work in other departments/sites to meet customer demands. Any changes to this job description will be discussed and agreed with you.
Personal specifications - essential
- Have worked within a Construction environment
- 5 day Site Management Safety Training Scheme
- Have CSCS Card
- At least 10 years experience on site
- Competent IT skills with the MS Office software packages
- A natural forward planner who is comfortable communicating with their colleagues and external companies
- A logical, organised and understanding individual who can deal responsibly and make responsible decisions
- Able to work at high concentration levels to ensure ‘right 1st time’
- Can prioritise with good time management
- A team player who enjoys a challenge
Personal specifications - desirable
- A BSc degree in Civil/Structural Engineering
- HNC/HND in Civil/Structural Engineering
- Competent to use MS Projects
- Driving Licence
- Appointed Person Crane
- Temporary Works coordinator
How to apply
HR Department, J T Mackley & Co Ltd, Bankside House, Henfield Road, Small Dole, West Sussex BN5 9XQ
If you require a paper copy of the application pack please call 01273 492212.