Job Type: Full Time
Location: Head Office
Reporting to: Technical Services Manager
To deliver outline designs at tender stage, temporary works and permanent works designs at contract stage and technical support throughout any project.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
Duties and scope includes:
- Design of temporary and permanent works at tender stage and contract stage including provision of calculations, drawings, specifications and design methodology.
- Liaise with external designers and procurement of permanent and temporary works designs including design scope, specification and review.
- Liaison with external clients, Principal Designers, Supervising Engineer, etc.
- Provide technical advice throughout the organisation, including product specifications and suitability, geotechnical site investigation and surveying procurement and specification
- Maintain relevant procedures and documentation for Quality, Environmental and Health & Safety (CDM Regulations)
- Assess design risks with consideration in all designs of buildability, safety and environmental factors.
- Review and ensure the relevant company procedures are complied with and re-write procedures as and when appropriate
The company may, from time to time, require you to undertake duties other than those outlined in this job description and/or to undertake work in other departments/sites to meet customer demands. Any changes to this job description will be discussed and agreed with you.
Personal specifications – essential
- HND/BSc/BEng in Civil/Structural Engineering
- 10+ years work experience in a design office environment
- Professionally qualified (C.Eng) or working towards professional membership
- Competent IT skills with MS Office software and design packages
- Commercial awareness (NEC3 Option A, C, E and PSC)
- A natural forward planner who is comfortable communicating with their colleagues and external companies
- A logical, organised and professional individual who can make informed decisions and build relationships with others at all levels of the organisation(s)
- Able to work at high concentration levels to ensure ‘right 1st time’
- Can prioritise with good time management
- A team player who enjoys a challenge and has a ‘can do’ attitude
Personal specifications – desirable
- Chartered Engineer
- Design experience within a flood defence and or coastal environment, including cofferdams, water control structures, working in soft ground, crane stability, flood defence works
- AutoCad experience; ideally Civils 3D and Navisworks
- Knowledge of B.I.M. (Building Information Modelling)
- Flexible working hours to accommodate requirements (We will reciprocate!)
- CSCS card
How to apply
HR Department, J T Mackley & Co Ltd, Bankside House, Henfield Road, Small Dole, West Sussex BN5 9XQ
If you require a paper copy of the application pack please call 01273 492212.