Job Type: Full Time
Location: Various Sites
Reporting to: Technical Services Manager
To provide engineering support to specific projects, including material measurement, setting out, surveying. They will act as a technical liaison with Design Engineer’s, Estimators and Clients, as well as the in-house project team.
The Site Engineer may also be responsible coordination of Ground Investigation, surveying and data collation from external suppliers.
General Quality Assurance Inspections, relating to the permanent and temporary works. Collation of As-Built information.
Key responsibilities and tasks
- Work to and within the Mackley Integrated Management System, company procedures, policies and regularly communicate with your line manager
- Day-to-day setting out
- Checking calibration of survey equipment
- Ensuring reference points are preserved
- Checking construction prior to ‘cover-up’ or next process
- Recording details and inspections undertaken
- Materials Take-off – measuring up for quantities
- Overseeing construction within capabilities
- Checking and recording new drawing issues for amendments and variances to work completed, underway or planned. These are to be highlighted to the Site Manager
- To monitor and record materials volumes imported, exported, used or wasted in conjunction with the G/F and the S/M.
- To attend daily / weekly briefing and review meetings, making a full contribution.
- To comply with and follow all Safety Health and Environmental legislation and rules and become conversant in their application.
- Quality records. Environmental and safety monitoring
- Discussion with engineering representatives
- Raising technical and other queries
- Supporting site teams/gangs with responsibility of a section of a larger project or a single, small project.
- Assisting Site Manager with site returns and Quality System paperwork.
- Highlighting programme conflicts and possible sequencing issues with the General Foreman and Site Manager
- Monitoring the utilisation and need for plant and equipment on the site.
- Collation of As-Built information, BIM and COBIE compliant data.
The company may, from time to time, require you to undertake duties other than those outlined in this job description and/or to undertake work in other departments/sites to meet customer demands. Any changes to this job description will be discussed and agreed with you.
- HNC/HND in Civil/Structural Engineering/Construction Management
- Experience within a Construction site environment
- Surveying and setting out experience using GPS hardware, Total Stations, Dumpy Level
- CSCS Platinum Card
- Competent with CAD
- Competent office IT skills with the MS Office software packages
- A natural forward planner who is comfortable communicating with their colleagues and external companies
- A logical, organised and understanding individual who can deal responsibly and make responsible decisions
- Able to work at high concentration levels to ensure ‘right 1st time’
- Can prioritise with good time management
- A team player who can enjoy a challenge
- Driving Licence
- A BSc/BEng degree in Civil/Structural Engineering
- Machine Control Guidance Systems,
- CSCS Black card
- Competent to use MS Project
- BIM experience (Clash detection, PAS1192 compliance)
How to apply
HR Department, J T Mackley & Co Ltd, Bankside House, Henfield Road, Small Dole, West Sussex BN5 9XQ
If you require a paper copy of the application pack please call 01273 492212.